Sufferers of carpal tunnel syndrome will know all too well some of the well known medical recommendations such as applying cold compresses on the affected wrist, using anti-inflammatory medicines and avoiding the use of the wrist as much as possible.
These recommendations however, are very difficult to follow as the medication can often prevent you from carrying out many daily tasks like operating mechanical equipment or driving, which are often necessary or critical daily chores. Tasks such as typing or other similar repetitive actions that can cause or worsen carpal tunnel syndrome are also very difficult to avoid as they are usually required for your work activities.
Some easy home remedies are shown here that are reported to indicate very good signs of helping to reduce pain, swelling and other common symptoms that suffers often experience during a pain attack. A lot of these can easily be carried out fairly easily during your daily routines.
- Introducing dietary enzyme supplements and foods containing bromelain to your daily diet can aid relief and help prevent future attacks of carpal tunnel in most cases. Tissue swelling that often occurs as a symptom of carpal tunnel is proven to be reduced when using Bromelain. Fruits such as Kiwi Fruit, Papaya and Pineapple are rich in bromelain, which are also very healthy food options and should not interfere with caloric intake or other dietary limitations you may be on. The additional Vitamin C intake from these fruits is also a bonus to the alleviations of pain for carpal tunnel syndrome, as Vitamin C is known to repair and decrease swelling to injured tissue.
- The additional Vitamin C intake from these fruits is also a bonus to the alleviations of pain for carpal tunnel syndrome, as Vitamin C is known to repair and decrease swelling to injured tissue.
- Massage of the arm, wrist, hand and forearm that is suffering from carpal tunnel syndrome can be a very effective way to reduce the swelling and pain. Herbal massage oils can supplement this for improved results.
- Cardio-Vascular Exercises – Increasing your blood circulation by doing Cardiovascular Exercises such as jogging and simple keep-fit routines can also help to ease symptoms and induce healing of the carpal tunnel.
- Soaking your painful wrist in a mixture of hot water and Epsom salts for 3 minutes can also aid relief. You should use water as hot as possible, obviously without burning yourself and so you are comfortable. After bathing in hot water you should then hold your wrist in cold water for 30 seconds.